تحلیل swot صنعت هتلداری هند - نمونه تحلیل
Tourism S.W.O.T. Analysis India » Hotel Industry
Hotels form one of the most important support service that affect the arrival of tourist to a country. The major players in the industry are Indian Hotels Company Ltd (IHCL) operating under the Taj brand, the Oberoi, Welcome Group of Hotels, Hotel Leela Venture and the Ashoka chain of hotels, owned and operated by the Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC).
There are around 1000 classified hotels and the total room availability is pegged at 97,000 rooms. Hotels are classified into six categories according to the star rating assigned by the Department of Tourism. These range from one star to Five star deluxe depending upon size and amenities. About 30% of the rooms fall under the 5-star deluxe categories.
To find out the present status of this industry a strength, weakness opportunity and threat (SWOT) analysis is mental. This will help us in understanding this industry and also identify the weak spots
S.W.O.T ANALYSIS OF HOTEL INDUSTRY
· A very wide variety of hotels is present in the country that can fulfill the demand of the tourists.
· There are international players in the market such as Taj and Oberoi & International Chains. Thus, the
needs of the international tourists travellers are met while they are on a visit to India.
· Manpower costs in the Indian hotel industry is one of the lowest in the world. This provides
better margins for Indian hotel industry.
· India offers a readymade tourist destination with the resources it has. Thus the magnet to pull
customers already exists and has potential grow.
· The cost of land in India is high at 50% of total project cost as against 15% abroad. This acts
as a major deterrent to the Indian hotel industry.
· The hotel industry in India is heavily staffed. This can be gauged from the facts that while
Indian hotel companies have a staff to room ratio of 3:1, this ratio is 1:1 for international hotel
· High tax structure in the industry makes the industry worse off than its international
equivalent. In India the expenditure tax, luxury tax and sales tax inflate the hotel bill by over
30%. Effective tax in the South East Asian countries works out to only 4-5%.
· Only 97,000 hotel rooms are available in India today, which is less than the Bangkok hotel
· The services currently offered by the hotels in India are only limited value added services. It is
not comparable to the existing world standards.
· Demand between the national and the inbound tourists can be easily managed due to
difference in the period of holidays. For international tourists the peak season for arrival is
between September to March when the climatic conditions are suitable where as the national
tourist waits for school holidays, generally the summer months.
· In the long-term the hotel industry in India has latent potential for growth. This is because
India is an ideal destination for tourists as it is the only country with the most diverse
topography. For India, the inbound tourists are a mere 0.49% of the global figures. This number
is expected to increase at a phenomenal rate thus pushing up the demand for the hotel
· Unique experience in heritage hotels.
· Guest houses replace the hotels. This is a growing trend in the west and is now catching up in
India also, thus diverting the hotel traffic.
· Political turbulence in the area reduces tourist traffic and thus the business of the hotels. In
India examples of the same are Insurgency in Jammu Kashmir and the Kargil war.
· Changing trends in the west demand similar changes in India, which here are difficult to
implement due to high project costs.
· The economic conditions of a country have a direct impact on the earnings in hotel industry.
Lack of training man power in the hotel industry.
مطالب مشابه :
برج میلاد فعلا ناتمام است
دانشگاه جامع علمی کاربردی واحد 2 و 22 وبلاگ تخصصی گردشگری و نرم افزارهای جهانگردی ایران .
تحلیل swot صنعت هتلداری هند - نمونه تحلیل
دانشگاه جامع علمی کاربردی صنعت (SWOT) analysis is mental دانشگاه جامع علمي كاربردي تنها متولی
ایران فیدز در نبردی با گوگل ریدر-- منبع وبلاگ یک فتحی
دانشگاه جامع علمی کاربردی صنعت دانشگاه جامع علمي كاربردي تنها متولی نظام آموزش
باغ ایرانی، انگیزه سفر گردشگر متخصص
دانشگاه جامع علمی باغ شازده ماهان، باغ گلشن علمي كاربردي تنها
بررسی سوانح هوایی ایران - صنعت حمل و نقل 4
دانشگاه جامع علمی کاربردی واحد 2 و ماهان اير . 31742 . 5396 دانشگاه جامع علمي كاربردي تنها
(علمي – كاربردي) 3- در آزمون سراسري دانشگاه آزاد اسلامي شركت كرده و پس از دوره كارداني
اسلاید های نظریه زبان ها و ماشین (استاد ماهان)
امور فرهنگي دانشگاه علمي جامع كاربردي (استاد ماهان) نمرات درس مهندسی اینترنت دانشگاه
دانشگاه علمي كاربردي ماهان